LIGHT - CAMERA - ACTION
Submission Guidelines & Rules-
We urge each and every submitter to go through the following guidelines and the Rules very carefully.
1. Submit only original work. However, you may use any copyrighted music/score but with due credits and the same needs to communicated to us.
2. You may submit multiple films/scripts at one go and in more than one category.
3. There is no production year limit/restriction whatsoever.
4. We don't encourage submission of any work that stokes hatred towards any gender, race, cast, creed, sexual orientation, sexual identity, religion, atheism and or any other belief system, any ethnicity, any minority community . Any such submission shall be disqualified.
5. You should be able to vouch for the fact that no animals were harmed during the shooting if they have been a part of your film.
6. All submissions have to be in English or have to contain English subtitles embedded in the file you are submitting.
7. We accept submissions through FilmFreeway only.
8. We send email notifications via FilmFreeway and other suitable platforms to keep you updated of your work's selection status, results, offers, etc.
9. The results shall be declared on our website within 24 hours of the Notification date as mentioned in FilmFreeway.
10. You shall receive the laurel within 24 hours of the Notification date as mentioned in FilmFreeway.
11. The Digital Certificates shall be emailed to you within 48 hours of the Notification date as mentioned in FilmFreeway.
12. We encourage submitters to talk about their work, whether script or film(s) and share the videos with us so that we promote your work digitally though our social channels.
13. Do not ask us for a complete waiver as we utilize every bit of the submission fee you pay to create marketing collateral; promotion; paying honorarium to our jury; and other administrative costs. However, from time to time, we send out discount codes and other exciting offers to a batch of filmmakers who are deserving.
14. All decisions regarding selection/disqualification/awards are taken by the management committee of the Redwood Shorts and Scripts based on the decision of jury are final cannot be contested.
15. We provide a free micro review of your work if it is a title winner and promote the same through our social channels and website.
16. We provide cash prize of $50 USD each to the winner in these three categories - Best Short Film, Best Feature Film and Best Screenplay.
17. Title winners, if they provide permission, their work shall be virtually screened [one time] to our wide range of audience through suitable medium such as Facebook Watch Party, etc.
Best One Minute Fiction
Best Short Film
Best Feature Film
Best Zero Dialogue Film
Best Noir Short
Best Noir Feature
Best Drama Short
Best Drama Feature
Best Horror Short
Best Horror Feature
Best Thriller Short
Best Thriller Feature
Best Documentary Short
Best Documentary Feature
Best Student Documentary
Best LGBTQI Short
Best LGBTQI Feature
Best Romantic Short
Best Romantic Feature
Best Comedy Short
Best Comedy Feature
Best Student Animation
Best Debut Film
Best Student Film
Best Student Director
Best Foreign Film
Best Regional Film
Best Sound Design
Best Special Effects
Best Feature Script
Best Short Script
Best Student Producer